All fixed!

Well I figured out how to fix my previous mistake with my custom mane model for the Daz Horse 2 3d figure and then I decided to make a morph to temporarily fix the bending problem until I work out how to use Daz Studio’s rigging.

Fixing the broken geometry

At first I thought I’d lost around 8 hours worth of work with the mesh breaking on my object but luckily I had saved the base figure under a different name a couple of days previously so opened up the broken figure in NotePad++ (please note I always save my work uncompressed so that I can edit it if needed in a text editor) and searched for the .dsf file in it so that I could find it’s location. I then opened the dsf file folder up in windows explorer and changed the file extension to .dsfbak.

Banging head on keyboard….

Sometimes I wonder why I just can’t accept things as they are and move on to the next project. Instead I’m a tinkerer who is never happy if there is the possibility of improving one of my creations…

Over the years I’ve created quite a few personal figures with Poser’s built in tools and am quite happy with editing the figure rigging and adding things like ghost bones although I’m no way near being a guru i manage to muddle along.

Well since last night I’ve been working on my mane for the Daz Horse 2 model, making some more morphs and editing the groups to help it to conform better when the horses neck bends, learning as I go. This morning I had the idea of making ghost bones for movement and so opened up the property editor and found out how to create a bone quite easily but could not figure out how to make it effect the forelock area that I was trying to make it bend.