Custom Genesis 3 Female Character WIP

Custom Genesis 3 Female Character and Hair

This was a quick render in Daz Studio iRay of the new custom Genesis 3 Female character that I’ve been experimenting with.

This is a full body and face morph and conforming polygon mesh hair that I’ve adapted from one of my older props and updated for Genesis 3.

The body morph is of a more curvy voluptuous shape and I’m aiming for a unique face morph to go with it. More to come soon!

 

Custom morphed Genesis 3 female with one of my own hair figures. Daz Studio Iray render.
Custom morphed Genesis 3 female with one of my own hair figures. Iray render.

3d Digital Portrait of my Welsh Cob

Well this is annoying! I finally found the pen for my graphics tablet (hiding between bottles of nail polish on my desk side…) and settled down with my render and Photoshop to finish up the portrait of my cheeky, chunky welsh cob, Cruz and as I often do got carried away….

Now after producing several variations of my image I just can’t decide on which one I like the best. This image is intended to hang in my hallway so I want the best one, but full of cold and feeling the tug of a hot bubble bath and my warm bed I need some help. Which one of the above images do you like the best? Also do you have any constructive suggestions to improve it?

Early Experiments with Carrara Dynamic Hair

I just came across these old renders on my Picasa account and thought I’d upload them here.

They are from around the time Carrara 6 Pro was released and it was my aim to create realistic dynamic hair for the Millennium Horse model.

What I learned was that it took an awful lot of work to prepare the MilHorse model for use with dynamic hair in the first place as it has three seperate polygon meshes

for the mane, left, right and upper, each of which are made up of three separate layers. Then there are the many boned strands of the forelock to contend with.

I had to select and remove all of the mane, forelock, tail and fetlock hair polygons in a modelling program, saving out the horse obj to a new file. Then I had to edit a copy of the MilHorse cr2 file so that it pointed to the new now hairless mesh. Still with me? Then I had to hack the new hairless cr2 as all the morph targets were now unusable so they all had to be removed as did all of the bones for the forelock…. Next I used an app to try to recreate all of the morphs in the horse, this was only partially successful and if I attempt it again I will need the time and patience to do it manually.

Now a had a hairless boned horse model that worked in Carrara. The hair itself was not that hard to make just fiddly. I found that I got the most realistic renders by plugging the horses coat texture map into the dynamic hair‘s material but found that animation was way too unpredictable no matter what settings I tried….

Hairless Millennium Horse in Carrara with dynamic hairCarrara dynamic hair on Daz Millennium Horsedefault Poser horse compared to textured and morphed versionAdHorse with Carrara Dynamic Hair3d Portrait Gallery | Aiko 3d character rendered in Carrara 8 with dynamic hair